Friday, June 19, 2015

Online Voting--Vote Now!


Have you been to www.missmass.org to vote for your favorite contestant?  Below, you'll find more of the amazing women competing for Miss Massachusetts and the photos and memories they have shared to highlight their love for the areas they represent!



Miss Bristol County 2015--Molly Caron



"My favorite spot in Bristol County is the Children’s Advocacy Center in Fall River! The center works hard to provide a multi-disciplinary team response to disclosures and allegations of child sexual abuse, severe physical abuse and witness to violence.  They aim to empower children and families to heal from the trauma of abuse and violence though the community and education.  It is such a wonderful place filled with amazing people that do so much for so many people."


Miss Cambridge 2015--Samantha Hawkins


"One of my most frequented places in Cambridge is my second home, Harvard's Tozzer Anthropology Building. Tozzer is the oldest library in the United States devoted to the study of ethnography, archaeology, and other related fields. Also located in Tozzer is the beautiful Peabody Ethnology Museum which is open to the public, and is free to Massachusetts residents on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings! Tozzer adds a rich addition of cultural history to Cambridge."



Miss Commonwealth 2015--Stephanie Deltor





Lulu's Allston, located in Allston, MA, made its debut on the list of my top dining places.  I recently discovered this gem of a diner this year on my search for the perfect birthday brunch venue. It is described as a "charming eatery with midcentury-modern decor specializing in comfort foods with a unique twist." The place is unique for sure, as it offers fun meals such as the "Sexy Strawberry Salad" and the "Rice Krispie French Toast."  Although I wasn't as daring in my personal food selection that day, I was very pleased with the authentic touch of a tasty meal.  I wanted to bring in another birthday with style and grace and this venue offered the exact atmosphere I was looking for.  My guests and I were able to enjoy engaging music, diverse customers, great service, and a cozy, catering space encouraging to all forms of much needed girl-talk!  I couldn't have asked for a restaurant more befitting for the occasion. Thanks Lulu's Allston! I truly felt cherished and I would recommend it to anyone seeking true quality dining for reasonable costs. 


http://lulusallston.com


Miss Fall River 2015--Marlena Johnson




I wanted to highlight "the Memorial Day Parade in the heart of Fall River, right by city hall!"



Miss Lakeville 2015--Kira Kopacz




"My favorite spot in Lakeville is Long Pond. Spending my summers on the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean, I've always been a water lover. Long Pond is the perfect place to take a breath and reflect on the beauty of Lakeville."



Miss Middleboro 2015--Jillian Zucco



"My favorite place in Middleboro is Oliver Mill Park for its beautiful landscape, rich history, and its location on the Nemasket River. Native Americans came here to fish in the river and named it accordingly, as "Nemasket" is said to mean "place where the fish are" in the Wompanoag language. In the mid-1700s, the park was the location for an ironworks, which was the backbone of Middleboro's economy at the time. Remains of the forge and water-powered mills are part of the gorgeous scenery there today. I love kayaking the Nemasket River, paddling under the historic bridges, battling the mini-rapids, and hopping out at Oliver Mill Park to walk around and have a picnic!"



Miss Middlesex County 2015--Gina Brazao
"An integral part of Middlesex County is the city of Cambridge. I love spending my afternoons in Harvard Square discovering new coffee shops, and arttractions all while enjoying the view of the Charles River. Cambridge is also home to several museums and foodie destinations. My personal favorite, Casa Portugal!"



Miss Somerset 2015--Kristen Rose



"Pierce's Beach is Somerset's most popular waterfront area that many gather at in the summer!  Pierce's beach also hosts many town events throughout the year and has a newly renovated playground right along side. I remember being a little girl and going down the slide that is located on top of a hill, which you have to climb quite a bit of stairs to get to the top.  Here I am pictured with a little boy named Evan who attended the Somerset Pumpkin carving contest that was hosted at Pierce's Beach!"


Miss Tri-County 2015--Alissa Musto


"One of my favorite things about Massachusetts is how rich the state is in history and culture.  Boston in particular has several landmarks that have shaped Massachusetts’ history; one of my favorites is the “new” State House. I can remember taking several field trips to the State House throughout school and expanding my knowledge of government, history, architecture and my state with each visit. As the meeting place for all members of the Massachusetts legislature and governor, the State House is a place where the voices of all Massachusetts citizens are heard and represented."



Best wishes to this year's amazing contestants!

Lauren Kuhn
Miss Massachusetts 



















No comments:

Post a Comment